Personal watercraft (known by brand names like Jet Skis, Sea-Doo’s or Wave Runners) can be lots of fun on the water. But, like any moving vehicles, they are subject to accidents and it’s wise to get the proper insurance to protect yourself financially.
Unlike small boats, personal watercraft are not generally covered by homeowners insurance (and in the rare cases they are, coverage limits are low).
Personal watercraft insurance (PWC) is specifically designed in order to insure these vessels.
A personal watercraft policy covers you or someone who you’ve allowed to operate your craft for incidents that result in:
- Bodily injury to another person.
- Bodily injury to you that is caused by an uninsured watercraft operator.
- Liability—that is, legal costs if you’re sued due to an accident. Most policies also include water sports liability, which covers risks associated with activities such as waterskiing.
- Property damage—for example, to another watercraft, a boat or a dock.
Deductibles and liability limits vary by policy and by company. PWC also may cover:
- Theft of the personal watercraft.
- Towing, if the watercraft is in an accident.
What does Personal Watercraft insurance cover?
Your policy can cover you and your passengers if they’re injured in an accident for which you’re responsible, up to specified limits. You can also add medical payments coverage, which will help cover medical costs for you and your passengers in an accident—regardless of fault, up to your policy’s limits.
PO Box 719
Sandwich, MA 02563
Phone Number (508) 888-0207
Fax Number (508) 888-0550
28 Samoset St
PO Box 3255
Plymouth, MA 02360
Phone Number (508) 746-1965
Fax Number (508) 746-1668
79 Davis Straits
PO Box 554
Falmouth, MA 02540
Phone Number (508) 540-6161
Fax Number (508) 457-7660