Not only is auto insurance required by law in Massachusetts, but it is also common sense coverage for your car or truck.
Whether your car or truck is a big diesel crew cab or a fuel-efficient hybrid, you need auto insurance. Not only is auto insurance required by law in Massachusetts, but it is also common sense coverage for your car or truck. Almeida & Carlson Insurance Agency works with over 20 different Massachusetts auto insurance providers to get you the right car and truck coverage at the best rates available.
Auto insurance provides property, liability, and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation, and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
What kind of risks do drivers face?
- You have a minor fender bender. There’s not a lot of damage, but the driver is complaining of pain. On top of that—you’re found at fault.
- You lose control of your vehicle and spin out on a slick street. You’re okay, but you accidentally damaged your own car.
- One of our infamous Nor’easter storms produces high winds and hail. Your car’s hood gets a big dent from a tree branch. The hail pelts your roof and trunk.
- You get hit by another driver on one of Massachusetts busy streets. You suffer minor injuries and your car has significant damage. Worst of all, the driver is uninsured.
- Your child and their friend suffer injuries in a wreck. They are okay, however, there are significant medical expenses.
- If you’re in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
These are just some scenarios where auto insurance can make a substantial difference.
The right policy or policies can help mitigate significant financial risk, such as:
- The fender bender? Liability car and truck coverage pays for injury and property damage to another motorist that results from covered losses caused by you.
- Damaged your own car? Whether it can be repaired or if its a total loss, collision coverage policies can help.
- Storm damage? Comprehensive auto insurance policies can cover damages that are caused by incidents other than an accident.
- Hit by an uninsured motorist? Get additional protection by adding uninsured motorist coverage to your auto policy.
- Your daughter is injured in a wreck and incurs medical expenses? Medical payments coverage can help.
Sometimes, auto insurance policies only cover when you’re at fault; those policies are liability insurance. Other policies cover losses regardless of whether or not you are found to be at fault; these policies are full coverage insurance.
Lenders will usually require full coverage auto insurance whenever you are financing a vehicle
Questions to ask your agent
Almeida & Carlson Agents are advocates for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good drivers, multiple policies, and student discounts.)
- What’s the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Massachusetts law mandates that you have auto insurance
Massachusetts law requires motorists to have liability or full coverage auto insurance with a minimum coverage of $30,000 per person or $60,000 per accident.
Driving without insurance can come with penalties such as an expensive traffic citation or paying for thousands of dollars of damages out of pocket. You cannot afford to be without a good Massachusetts auto insurance company on your side.
PO Box 719
Sandwich, MA 02563
Phone Number (508) 888-0207
Fax Number (508) 888-0550
28 Samoset St
PO Box 3255
Plymouth, MA 02360
Phone Number (508) 746-1965
Fax Number (508) 746-1668
79 Davis Straits
PO Box 554
Falmouth, MA 02540
Phone Number (508) 540-6161
Fax Number (508) 457-7660